Setting up my classroom for 2018-2019 school year

Day one:

I found a super cool shark at Hobby Lobby and had to buy it. I think he will look great in the classroom library. I just need to add a speech bubble.

I like to add fabric around my teaching tables, this one will need another inch of something...

I think that I will change out the fabric on my cubby shelves this year.

We used this tree in the hallway last year for our Genre forest. I didn’t want to throw it away, so I will be adding it into the classroom library this school year.

My teacher desk is a mess and will need some work.

My small group table is slowly coming along.

Day 2:

I had extra crates in the garage. I’m going to see if my super awesome husband can cut my a piece of ply wood to place on top. 

I think second grade should have maps available for students to manipulate during center time. Yes, I plan on using centers. 

My daughter Kirstin painted some sea creatures for my me using tulip paint. Tulip turns plastic like in consistency and easily removes from glass. 

My front board:

We received new books this school year, so excited! Now.... where do I put them?

My front classroom door and mailboxes. I plan on making new mailbox labels - if I don’t forget.

Day 3:
Started decorating the closet behind my desk. I love using these tin cookie sheets for homework club and reading club. I have magnetic numbers that I add as students complete their assignments. 

The blue paper will be the Birthday poster spot.

My back wall is divided into subject sections. I think it looks more organized than just all over the place. 

The front board section is still a work in progress, not sure if I like this yet. 

Hallway bulletin board progress-

My 2nd grade team pointed out that the purple letters were to hard to read, so I had to go back to the workroom and cut out yellow letters. 

I finally finished up the bulletin board today. I still have so much to do. I hope that I get it all done.

Day 4:


I put contact paper on my ugly desk, now I like it better. 

The birthday chart has been completed.

Our map wall received a quote today.

I took the crates out of the library and replaced them with a wooden bench. The students can use the bench for sitting or I can use it to place plants on. 

Back wall received a few additions today.

I decided to hang up the behavior chart this year instead of stapling to the wall. I need more wall space!

My small group table area is almost completed.

Posted the daily schedule on the wall, so that the students know what to expect throughout the day.

Day 5:
I added a laminated map to the table. My goal is for  the students to be map experts by the end of the school year. 

Mrs. V made this super awesome sign for me. I am thinking about taking students pictures of them reading and adding the photos in the net.

Moved the yellow table trays and added a magazine rack in its place. I’m planning on using the magazine rack as “Mrs. Seaver’s Books”.

Day 6:
A few more minor changes and tomorrow is meet the teacher night. 
Work in progress....

Comments

Popular Posts