Sunday Reflections




  Tomorrow is week two of school for teachers in my district. The beginning of each school year always comes with it’s challenges , but this one with more. It’s normal for me to sleep less and worry more at the beginning of the school year. I worry about missing important details and then the list begins... I start to think about what needs to get done. I have to immediately write it down or note it in my phone so that I don’t forget. 

  I‘m afraid of loosing track. Our principal told us that our jobs are on the line. Student enrollment has dropped meaning they don’t need as many teachers. We have to learn multiple new virtual programs before September 8th. She also  stated that if we can’t keep up then it’s time for us to move on. The stress factor is definitely there.

 Almost everything will be different this year. I can’t even wrap my head around it. The one thing that remains the same is the dedication of teachers and school staff to do everything they can for students under enormous pressure and increasing uncertainty. I feel a sense of mourning for the way school used to be, because it may never look the same again. And at the same time this immense feeling of purpose and determination to help our children to learn, grow, feel safe, feel loved, and know that we are here for them during all of this, no matter what situation we are forced into. 

 All we can do is our best! So here’s to a week full of training, learning, last minute changes, stress, questions, and brain overload. 

Comments

Popular Posts