Week of August 3-7


  Our first week back to school and our professional development has begun. Lots of new learning for this upcoming school year and so many new changes. As teachers we are now preparing to adapt to the many new challenges that come with the pandemic. 

  I was happy to see that everyone was wearing masks and practicing social distancing. For many it was a chance to be around other adults again from being cooped up in their homes. Some are afraid that they will catch COVID 19 and my heart goes out to them. 

  I know that some teachers may not feel safe. And if they do not want to go back in the classrooms they need to resign and find a job that they feel safe doing. Maybe the district will allow some employees to teach from home for the students that remain virtual. Maybe they can start their own on line learning web site. Every time I go to store I thank the people working. I wonder if they feel safe. I wear a mask and keep a distance between other shoppers, although some people see the space and feel they can get in it...boo to them. How can I expect stores to be opened and do their job for my benefit if I am not going to do my job and benefit others. I am a teacher. I signed a contract to teach and I will do the best of my abilities to adapt and change to our students needs. 

  I can already tell that this year is going to be different from many other school years, but relieved that we already had a small feel for it this last Spring. I am confident that we can make it through this even if it becomes the new norm. 

  We are now urged more than ever to learn new technology platforms and become experts at using them. I was excited to see some new stuff in our training that I didn’t realize we had access to. I made my first flyer on Adobe Spark. I know how to make the same thing on Word or Power Point - but Adobe Spark is new to me and it has a few options available that my other resources don’t. 

  

Comments

Popular Posts