🌟 4-Part Classroom Practice Plan

 

1. Daily Micro-Reflections

Short, consistent routines that take 1–2 minutes.

  • Beginning and/or End-of-day prompts like:

    • “One thing I learned today…”

    • “One moment I felt proud…”

    • “One thing I want to try again tomorrow…”

  • Students respond through quick drawings, sentence stems, or emojis.

2. Weekly Celebration Circles "Good News Folder";

A 5-minute Friday ritual that builds community and confidence.

  • Students share one win from the week.

  • You model strength-spotting language (“I noticed your persistence…”).

  • Use a soft object (like a plush beagle or fabric heart) as the talking piece.

3. Growth Journals

A simple journal used 1–2 times per week.

  • Pages include:

    • “Today I felt…” (SEL check-in)

    • “I grew when…” (academic reflection)

    • “Next time I will…” (goal-setting)

  • Students revisit entries monthly to see their progress.

4. Family Connection Notes

Tiny bridges between home and school.

  • A once-a-month reflection note sent home:

    • “Here’s something your child is proud of…”

    • “Here’s something they’re working toward…”

  • Families respond with one sentence of encouragement.

  • Builds partnership and shared celebration.

🌿 How I will Measure my 1% Growth

  • Students use reflection language and/or journaling more independently.

  • Observe clearer patterns in student needs.

  • Families feel more connected to learning.

  • Students show increased confidence in naming strengths and challenges.

Comments